Ember JD logo image
Insurance since 1919

Permanent household removal under contents insurance

Permanent household removal cover under contents insuranceMost quality home contents policies include cover for permanent household removal, covering accidental damage whilst in transit to another address to be owned or occupied by the policyholder. Cover only applies for homes within the territorial limits of Great Britain or the United Kingdom.

As always there are conditions attached, with damage to china, glass, earthenware and brittle items excluded unless packed by a professional packer (removal person). Damage caused by scratching, denting and bruising and cover for contents in storage is generally an automatic exclusion, along with contents insured by another policy. In particular contents already insured under the removal firms’ insurance.

To see if you have this worthwhile cover extension please refer to your home contents insurance policy wording.

Written by:


Insurance Broker since 1984, works for Ember JD and is responsible for the content on the website.

View All Posts