Ember JD is a UK home insurance broker, established in 1919, based in the City of London. Offering competitive quotes and quality cover Flats Insurance. Insuring the Buildings, plus a wide range of cover automatically included.
We offer policies specifically designed for flats and Maisonette Insurance, whether the building is purpose built or a conversion into two or more flats. Our policies insure the whole building, including all of the flats, communal areas, garages and outbuildings within the grounds. Insuring all of the flats together under the one policy avoids messy and complicated disputes over damage to common parts, such as roofs and hallways.
We are part one of the oldest insurance groups in the UK, established 1919.
Freehold / Shared freeholdsAll the policies we offer are suitable for:
- Shared freeholds;
- Residents associations;
- Management companies;
- Accepted by mortgage lenders;
- Flats can be occupied by freeholders and leaseholders;
- Let out to tenants or as often the case a mixture of both.
Buildings cover and moreIn addition to insuring building our policies include the following as standard:
- Loss of rent and/or the cost of alternative accommodation, following major insured damage, such as a fire, making the building wholly or partly uninhabitable;
- Trace and access of internal water leaks;
- Property owner’s liability cover;
- Legal liability cover for domestic staff in connection with the insured address;
- Fitted carpets in communal areas.