Ember JD logo image
Insurance since 1919

Live in landlord

Live in Landlord When you think of a live in landlord Rising Damp and Rigsby comes to mind. These days the modern version is very different. Co-habitating with tenants, lodgers or longer term paying guests ticks numerous boxes. Instead of a collection of individuals living very separate lives, with a live in landlord main activity being trying to find fault with his or her paying guests, it’s now more about being a partnership. Community spirit thriving under one roof.

As a live in landlord you need the right cover taking into account the circumstances. If you live in a house or bungalow we recommend insuring your buildings and contents insurance under one policy. Should you live in a flat or maisonette then we can offer contents insurance.

Live in landlord legal liability insurance

Whether you require a combined policy, or just contents insurance our policies including legal liabilities for accidents to paying guests. Meaning if the unthinkable happens and you are liable for injury or property damage our policy includes up to £2,000,000 liability cover, plus legal expenses. You contact the insurer’s claim department and give the details of the incident, then the insurer will take over. They will need with all third party correspondence, whether it be from the claimant or solicitor using their experience and resources. Taking the weight of dealing with legal paperwork off your shoulders. A worthwhile cover extension, which hopefully you will never need, but sometimes the unlikely happens.

Temporary accommodation and loss of rent

Cost of alternative accommodation and loss of rent cover is automatically included. Up to 20% of your contents and / or buildings and contents sums insured. If you rely on your income from paying guests this insurance will help protect your cash flow. In the event of a big claim under the policy making your home uninhabitable.

We hope that our policy will meet your requirements. For a quote please click on the quote button below:

Written by:


Insurance Broker since 1984, works for Ember JD and is responsible for the content on the website.

View All Posts