It is essential you choose the right policy, giving you the cover you need. We recommend using the following insurance checklist when comparing policies.
- Will the policy allow me to share my home with lodgers?
(We offer specially extended home with lodgers with quality A-rated UK insurer).
- What is the maximum number limit of lodgers allowed?
(We offer a policy up to 3 lodgers).
- If required, are student lodgers allowed?
(We offer cover regardless of age, tell us in your quote request).
- Does the insurance include legal liability cover for accidents to lodgers?
(We offer cover with a £2,000,000 indemnity limit plus legal costs and expenses, or the option to increase to £5,000,000 for an extra £28.00).
- Loss of rent & cost of temporary accommodation covered after insured damage?
(We offer cover up to 25% of the contents and buildings sums insured).
- Can theft by lodgers be included?
(Yes up to £5,000 per claim, subject to an extra £45.00 (on average) and no previous incidents of theft).
- Can malicious damage by lodgers be included?
(Yes up to £5,000 per claim, subject to an extra £35.00 (on average) and no previous incidents of malicious damage).
- Can accidental damage to my home or contents be insured, including by lodgers?
(We offer a cover option, even if accidentally caused by a lodger).