Ember JD logo image
Insurance since 1919

Buildings insurance for your private dwelling and, if applicable, it’s residential annexes, domestic outbuildings and garages at the address. Including, if applicable, permanent fixtures and fittings, solar panels, tennis courts, swimming pools, terraces, patios, drives, paths, walls, gates, fences and fixed fuel tanks all contained within the boundaries of the land belonging to the home. An allowance should also be made for any expenses you have to pay during rebuilding or repairs for architects, surveyors, consulting engineers, legal fees, demolition and debris removal.

You should use a chartered surveyor to calculate the sum insured. You may also wish to use the calculator from the Building Cost Information Service (BCIS): CLICK-HERE.